[PLUG] Red Hat Enterprise ES ISO's

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Apr 8 14:07:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Daggett, Steve wrote:

>   I've been trying to reach Red Hat sales for two weeks.  I'm not getting any emails or callbacks from their staff.
>
>   I'm in a time crunch.  I need to make sure my kernel modules will compile against their the "Enterprise Linux ES" kernel.  Does anyone have some "Enterprise ES" ISO's or CD's I can grab?

Have they even released the ES product?

The "Advanced Server" product was a hacked version of 7.2.  (2.4.9
kernel.)

The "enterprise" code seems to be pretty conservative when it comes to
versions.

Redhat 7.3 is running 2.4.18 with modifications.

Redhat 8.0 is running 2.4.18 as well.

Redhat 9 is a weird beast and runs 2.4.20 with a bunch of backports from
2.5.x.  (Enough that it is kind of both and neither.)

If your code works for any of the stock 2.4 Redhat kernels, you should be
OK.  I would especially test if you run with the Redhat 9 kernel, as it
has the most knarly changes.  (nptl thread library and scheduler changes.)