[PLUG] Redhat 9 install on Asus P4GE-V

Launi launi at zaramyth.net
Thu Apr 10 21:47:02 UTC 2003

No the error did not move.

  >If not, I'd suspect either the memory slot on the MB, or the
  >chipset on the mainboard.
  >
  >This web page
  >  >(http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue77/lg_tips.htm  >l search for
  >
  >'cpu0') lists that it may be a memory error
  >too.
  >
  >> At first I thought it was memory, so I exchanged it, no
  >joy.  I yanked
  >> out all network cards and have only one hard drive. I removed my
  >> DVD-CDR and used a plain old CD, no joy. I have switch memory to
  >> different banks and tried one module, no joy.
  >>
  >> So I thought it was the main board and was about to
  >exchange it when I
  >> got the idea to try my original WinNT disk.  Well to my
  >surprise it
  >> installed. Well then I tried my DVD for Mandrake 8.1
  >Pro-Suite and it
  >> installed.
  >
  >It could be a flaky connector on the MB.

Why do WinNT and my Mandrake DVD work on the hardware?

  >> What does the error mean?
  >
  >According to more googling, there's a decoder out there. This page
  >(http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-03/1336.ht
ml) tells you more about it.

> Is are there incompatibilities in home burned ISO images that affect
> hardware?

Not to my knowledge. However, I have run across ISOs that only seem to burn
properly at 4x and lower.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #6 (Collect all 18)
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is
still my own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe