[PLUG] Sent Mail + Postfix

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 11 14:43:02 UTC 2003

Wil> I keep all my mail on my server and access it only through IMAP,
Wil> using Cyrus IMAP on the backend.  This lets me access mail
Wil> through any MUA that supports IMAP, which is almost all of them.

I don't have anything against it, but I've never used IMAP or
particularly felt the need for it.

Wil> MUA will also let you use a folder on the IMAP server as your
Wil> 'outbox', so that's also stored centrally.

One related thing I've discovered over time is that I don't like
relying on normal "outbox" stuff.  I prefer to bcc myself a copy of
outgoing mail for the reason that it gets a set of full headers.  A
lot of my earliest outbox stuff (which wasn't bcc'd) suffers from
missing Date headers which makes sorting chronologically
dissatisfying.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more