[PLUG] Sent Mail + Postfix

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Apr 11 16:47:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:04, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 16:59, Jason Van Cleve wrote:
> > On 11 Apr 2003 14:34:23 -0700
> > Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> wrote:
> >
> > > If you can rely on a network connection, just read/send all your email
> > > from one place that can be ssh'd from remote locations.
> >
> > I could, but I prefer a GUI for email.  Sorry, I'm just not that hard-core. . . .
>
> You can use port-forwarding with SSH for GUI clients.

Yes you could in theory, have you ever tried to run, say, evolution over
ssh?  Makes outlook look speedy.

I run evolution and access the server via imap, I even store sent-mail
in an imap folder, so everything is on the server.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto