[PLUG] Sent Mail + Postfix

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 11 17:03:03 UTC 2003

>> You can use port-forwarding with SSH for GUI clients.

Brian> Yes you could in theory, have you ever tried to run, say,
Brian> evolution over ssh?  Makes outlook look speedy.

I used to run X11 emacs over ssh on a 33kbit modem and it was
tolerable, though it took a while (~2-5 minutes, IIRC) to start up.
With broadband, I hardly notice I'm not local.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more