[PLUG] Video Capture (and Video) card recommendations

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sat Apr 12 12:25:02 UTC 2003

I'm in the market for a TV card (with frame grabber (?)) to watch and
capture video input and possibly a new Video card as my current one is
getting to the 'vintage age' in computer years and may not handle the new
and interesting stuff I'm playing with - plus maybe multi-headed.
   I went looking yesterday using google but a lot of the information on
TV cards is 'vintage' :-)  So hopefully someone has some cutting edge
(not bleeding) suggestions.

The absolute best would be a multi-headed (2) video card with TV input and
an onboard frame grabber chip.  The next best would be a multi-headed
Video card and a TV card with onboard frame grabber chip.  While I'm
wishing the ability to handle HDTV would be sweet.

Heck if you want to enlighten and correct my (mis)conceptions on the topic
I'd appreciate that also.

Rod