[PLUG] Renew IP address

Robbert van Andel robbert at vafam.com
Sat Apr 12 18:07:02 UTC 2003

What is the command to renew my ip address?  I have a computer that I
set up on a 192.168.0.0 network and will be switching it to a
192.168.1.0 network.  These addresses are coming from a cable/dsl
router.  I've had trouble in the past switching computer between these
two routers and have had to set IP address statically.  Service network
restart does not do it.  I understand there is another command that does
the same (equivalent to windows ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Robbert van Andel
Website Developer