[PLUG] Printing Problems with Abiword

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Mon Apr 14 08:12:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 19:33, Jon Jacob wrote:
> I have no idea how to approach this and so far I have seen no one who
> has had this problem.
>
> When printing from Abiword, the hardcopy prints out in a cursive,
> italics style font I don't recognize.   This happens no matter what font
> I choose for the document, what size, or what style.
>
> Anybody have a clue where to start on this one?

What program(s) are between Abi-Word and the printer?  What does the
print command look like when you print something correctly?

I used "lpr -Plp1" (in case your fonts are screwy, that is
"ell-pee-ar-space-dash-capitol-pee-ell-pee-one") in the Custom location,
with the printer setting, Generic PostScript, the text came out in the
specified Times Roman on the remote printer specified as lp1 (or
"ell-pee-one") in my /etc/printcap file.

Give us more information!

Derek Loree