[PLUG] Managing Image Files

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Mon Apr 14 13:06:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:27:51 -0700
"Chaz" <chaz at bctonline.com> wrote:

> By database I mean the ability to describe the content of
> an image.  It might be just a list of keywords.
> That way you could retrieve all photos that contained
> a particular person, etc.

Don't know what would do that, but it sounds like another interesting
project.  You could probably manage something with text files and a
little script fu, but it would be a definite hack.  Like, make a text
file next to each image, as "my-friend.jpg.txt" in the same dir' as
"my-friend.jpg", fill those with your descriptions, and then your script
could grep them.  But there's got to be a better solution.
 I'd probably just put a table in my database for this and make a
servlet interface, but that's just me.

--Jason V. C.