[PLUG] Python job opening

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Tue Apr 15 09:36:01 UTC 2003

Hello,

We've lost our Python programmer and need another.  We've already started
interviewing but we need a broader pool of candidates.

We've been building a large GUI application in Python that uses wxPython and
connects to a server via XML-RPC (server is written in Perl, but Zope may be
an option).  Most of the interface is already built, we just need the final
features added and we anticipate a couple of months of work.  However, we
have other Python projects planned, so this position should be considered a
temp-to-hire position.

Required skills:

1.  Python
2.  OO design

Desired skills:

1.  wxPython and PIL (Python Imaging Library)
2.  Perl.  We're primarily a Perl shop, so it's helpful if
$programmer->can('communicate')
3.  XML-RPC
4.  Database normalization
5.  Design patterns
6.  Zope
7.  Threads

You might notice that our "required" list if fairly small.  We believe that
a strong programmer who communicates clearly can learn what needs to be
done.

If you're interested, please submit a resume and code sample to
jobs at onsitetech.com.  Resume format can be text, HTML, pdf, or MS Word.

Cheers,
Ovid