[PLUG] CD Burner

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Tue Apr 15 18:29:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 17:58, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On 15 Apr 2003, Steven A. Adams wrote:
>
> > Hey Folks,
> > What's the GUI front-end to cdrecord/mkisofs for RH8 and up these days?
> > Anyone have an open-source product that they really like (or ones that
> > they really don't like)?
>
> Mixed feelings on gcombust.  Not sure if it comes with RHL 8(.0 ;-) but I
> have it on my system and can't remember long enough ago as to how it got
> there.
>
> My issues could be with my hardware.  A SCSI CD-R bought 5-6 years ago.
> Gcombust always reports I can't determine the size of the drive.
>
> But I do use it and have never taken the time or effort to look for
> something else.
>

> Rod

Thanks Folks! Since RH finds it inappropriate to ship things like Mesa
and libglut in their dist's I find it really difficult to get a lot of
apps running, without jumping through many hoops. Just getting tired of
manually doing the mkisofs/cdrecord thing an it looks like xcdroast is
first on the list.

Thanks again,

--
Steven A. Adams <stevea at nwtechops.com>