[PLUG] "headers" & "footers" on Web pages

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Thu Apr 17 19:32:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:39:07 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com> wrote:

> Don't ever get a job any place that has really sensitive info on your
> computer. I'd love it if my accountant, doctor, and lawyer told me
> that their firms had such a firewall, which I'd trust way more than IE
> (or even Mozilla) when security was really on the line.

Point taken, sir, but I wouldn't agree that client JS should be killed
off just because of IE's security problems.  It's useful for more than
rollovers:  client-side form validation, for instance, saves a lot of
hits (and hence a lot of waiting).  Are you throwing out the baby with
the bathwater, or is a really secure JS sandbox just a pipe dream?

--Jason V. C.