[PLUG] HB2892 Update: Bill Moves Forward!

Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Fri Apr 18 08:55:03 UTC 2003

David,

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 08:50, David Pool wrote:
> Cooper,
>
> Can you reconcile your report with the Oregonian's today in the business section
> titled "Open Source software bill stalls on opposition"?

The General Government Committee dropped HB 2892 from discussion very
abruptly. In fact, I am told that parties attending the discussion came
to the work group conference room and were told at that time that there
would be no work session.

All of these events occurred within an hour of my writing the update.

There is still a chance that this bill will move forward and I'm not
giving up.

I'll keep you posted.

-Cooper