[PLUG] hiding email info

Mark Martin mmartin at u.washington.edu
Sat Apr 19 06:04:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 17 April 2003 10:37, Paul wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:23:54 -0700 (PDT)
>
> "Steve Bonds" <1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > I'm a big fan of places like http://www.sneakemail.com or
> > http://www.spamgourmet.com that offer unique E-mail addresses that
> > forward back to your real address.
>
> I got so tired of junk SNAIL mail that every time I subscribed to a
> magazine, I would spell my name slightly differently. Then I would know who
> sold my name. :-) This sounds like the same idea.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Speaking of snail mail and spam, check out the story "Automated
Denial-of-Service Attack Using the U.S. Post Office" in this month's
CRYPTO-GRAM newsletter, available at

http://lwn.net/Articles/28842/

among other places, for a hilarious and at the same time frightening tale.

Mark
Mark A. Martin, Ph.D.
Applied Mathematics -- Software Development -- Systems Administration
Currently available for employment.
See http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin/resume/ for details.