[PLUG] Securing rpm database...

Michael Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sat Apr 19 13:22:02 UTC 2003

On a Redhat 7.2 where is the package database and what would I copy off to
CD-R to secure verifications?  This would be in addition to Tripwire if I can
figure out how to get that to work.  Specifically I want to try to use the rpm
database to find out when something is broken if a package is corrupted
and needs reinstalled but a cracker could potentially corrupt the database
that's installed to the hard drive or more likely a write error could corrupt
it where this error may be a freak thing and not the beginning of the end
for the hard drive.  Is there a key I need to import from Redhat?  How do I do
that?

     --  Michael C. Robinson