[PLUG] Linux, Portland Schools, and Costs

Jon Jacob jon at manymoons.net
Sun Apr 20 15:48:02 UTC 2003

I am currently running for Portland School Board, and one of my
positions is that the Board needs to get the community involved to cut
costs and strengthen the schools.

Last year, many of you were involved in an effort to convert many of the
systems in the schools and throughout the district from Windoze to
Linux.  I am wondering if you might want to share with me your
experiences -- for those involved -- with working with the District, how
well-received you were, what could have been done to make things easier,
and how much money was saved (if any).

If you are currently employed with the District and don't wish to give
your name publicly, you can contact my off-list and I will not reveal
the source.

Thanks.
--
Jon Jacob <jon at manymoons.net>