[PLUG] Postfix Log Analysis

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Apr 21 14:40:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2001-04-20 at 23:55, Jason Van Cleve wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2003 20:47:38 -0700
> Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc> wrote:
>
> > Never have I had to recompile Perl.  Maybe you just need to build a
> > CPAN module?  I'm using pflogsumm with no "extra" modules, AFAIK.
>
> Well, it wouldn't run, 'cause it said it required Date::Calc.  So I
> tried to install that with the recommended perl command, and that
> choked, because I don't have the perl headers.  There was a message
> saying I should recompile perl.  My eyes glazed over, and then I turned
> away from that dark, forboding path.  But it was a problem I've had
> before.  I've looked for a perl-dev type package, but there isn't.

Without knowing anything more about your system, it sounds like you
might have a minorly broken Perl installation.  But you don't absolutely
need the Date::Calc package; I think you can disable whatever it does.
(At least, I've ignored the notices and used it without it, to no
apparently ill effects.)

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *