[PLUG] Bringing pine back to the foreground in X

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 21 15:32:02 UTC 2003

  I use `joe' as the default editor in pine. Every now and then I accidently
hit ctrl-z rather than ctrl-x. The former sends pine into the background
while the latter exits the editor.

  When I make this error on the console, a simple `fg' brings back pine with
no loss. However, when X is running and pine's running in a virtual
terminal, entering `fg' does nothing.

  Does anyone know why? And is there another way of getting pine back
without losing the message in progress?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President