[PLUG] Reaching port 25

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 22 11:22:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Russell Evans wrote:

> You can check this assumption by telneting to port 25 from each box to the SMTP
> server.

Russell,

  That's part of the problem. On the host with postfix installed (and on
which I do my work), I cannot telnet to port 25 at my external IP address.
>From the other host (the one on which I'm writing this), I can. Anyone on
the outside can, too.

  Could it be a firewall problem that keeps one internal host from reaching
port 25 while allowing another to do so?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)