[PLUG] Reaching port 25

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 22 14:44:02 UTC 2003

On 22 Apr 2003, Derek Loree wrote:

> This should tell you where the packets are being held up anyway.

  Thanks to a fellow named Don at Black Sun Communications, somewhere on the
right coast, the problem is solved.

  Turns out that in /etc/postfix/main.cf there are two 'relay' variables. I
had them set (believing that was the right thing to do based on all my
reading last year prior to installing postfix). Versions from 1.x through
2.0.7 couldn't care less what those variables had stuffed in 'em. However,
2.0.8 and up _do_ care that they have _anything_ in them for my small
network. Commenting them out and restarting postfix worked like a massive
enema on the mail queue and all's working again as it should be.

  I'd still like someont to check my configuration of floppyfw-2.9.1 before
I take myself off the 'Net with a misconfigured set of iptables.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)