[PLUG] Switching from Linux ?

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Tue Apr 22 17:58:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 14:58, Stephen Young wrote:
> I am building a new server for my house, I have heard a lot of talk about
> freebsd being more stable and faster than linux.  I am considering giving
> freebsd a shot, see what the fuss is about.
>
> Anyone with experience in any of the *BSD's have any thoughts on the subject
> ?
>
> Thanks for the assistance
>
> Stephen Young

It's been almost 3 years for me but I chose Linux over FreeBSD because
FreeBSD, at that time, only supported one processor. For most folks
running small servers or a workstation that would be cool but it was
unacceptable for the application that I was building. With that said, 3
years is a really long time and things have likely changed. One thing
that I did notice in testing though, both platforms were only as stable
as the application :).