[PLUG] attempting to install yellowdog on unusual ppc platform

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu Apr 24 08:41:02 UTC 2003

kens at cad2cam.com said:
> 2 things: append="console=ttyS0 console=9600,8,n" should be somewhere
> your syslinux.cfg file.  I put mine in the global area when running
> serial consoles.  The ttyS0 could be ttyS1 is using com2.

I believe the serial console is already working properly.  At first
I was booting my kernel without passing any arguments, and it was failing
to print anything.  Once I passed 'serial' to the kernel, I started
getting all the messages.  My problem seems to be somewhere around the
place where /sbin/init does a fork-exec of /bin/runinstall.  Unfortunately
I can't find the source code for the yellowdog 7.3 installer.

> Does your bios support serial redirection so that you can see the BIOS
> boot messages?

My 'BIOS' is little more than a tftp loader, and is strictly serial.  There
is no video card in the system.

thanks,
galen