[PLUG] Switching from Linux ?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Apr 24 09:01:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Schwaber <jschwaber at wesleyan.edu> writes:

Jeff> That said, I don't know anyone who uses OpenBSD as a workstation, or
Jeff> even as a server for many services. Most people I know use it as a
Jeff> firewall or a server for a few important services.

My stonehenge.com runs mail, news, and the GNU Emacs editor in which
I'm typing this message, all on an OpenBSD box (in Texas :).  Again, I
want to sleep at night.  I want to be able to go away for a week, and
not come back to find my box had been rooted by an exploit made public
the night before.  I want to go 4-6 months between rebooting, and not
rebuilding my kernel every weekend to patch the latest hole.