[PLUG] Switching from Linux ?

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Thu Apr 24 10:24:02 UTC 2003

I'm impressed with the quality of the discussion on this
subject. It's been remarkably objective except for
Randall's comments about sleeping at night, which could
have provoked a holy war here but didn't.

I like both Linux and xBSD. I can build secure systems
with both. This recent exchange got me thinking though:

> >  Linux must have some things BSD doesn't.
>
> At the moment, mindshare. Other than that, I'm not sure you can really
> argue that the Linux kernel is fundamentally a whole lot better than any
> of the BSD kernels.

Does xBSD have the equivalent of Linux UML?

I find UMLs exceptionally useful and, frequently, that
would dictate my choice.

--
Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>
ALC