[PLUG] Minimal firewall hardware

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Fri Apr 25 08:26:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Thanks very much, Paul. The only thing I intend to run on that box
> is the firewall rules. I just ordered a copy of the book on building
> firewalls with OpenBSD.

I don't have any past experience with OpenBSD, but I understand that
the packet-filtering stuff has undergone some fairly significant
changes of late. If the book doesn't specifically deal with the
version of OpenBSD you install, you'll definitely want to double check
the pf.conf(5) man page before implementing any ruleset suggested in
the book.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>