[PLUG] Fear and Loathing

David Pool dpool at hevanet.com
Mon Apr 28 09:49:02 UTC 2003

"And that, I think, was the handle---that sense of inevitable victory over the
forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that.
Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting ---on our side
or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and
beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep
hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost
see the high-water mark---the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

That's basically the way I see Open Source right now. Execept that it's built on
a much more solid basis than the Hippie movement that Thompson's referring to.
Nevertheless, it should serve as a warning thought.

If you haven't yet done so, or even if you have, send a reminder note to your
legislator about HB 2892.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/findlegsltr/findset.htm

David Pool