[PLUG] Re: HB 2892 Update

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Mon Apr 28 22:07:01 UTC 2003

Geoff Burling wrote:

> Unfortunately, the problem with PLUG supporting this legislation -- or
> any legislation -- is that it could endanger our standing as a non-profit
> organization.

<snip>

> And to say that we can get around this because PLUG is not a formal
> non-profit, then it renders PLUG about as convincing a body as any
> imaginary group...

<snip>

> I have put a notice on our website concerning this house bill, but tried
> to put it in a very neutral manner so that there is no suggestion of
> PLUG expressing a partisan stance about it. Because as sure as the sun
> will rise tomorrow, I know someone at Microsoft will learn about it...

<snip>

I don't see what difference it makes what we call ourselves, we are first
and foremost a bunch of taxpayers and concerned citizens.

PLUG is not a non-profit organization, whatever opinions are expressed on
the webpage are guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.  Period.  Whether or
not all pluggers are for the bill or not is another matter.

I say don't sweat it, put up the info along with pov and advertise the hell
out of it.

Cheers,
Kyle Accardi