[PLUG] Re Installing Windows 95 on a slave drive

Mark Martin mmartin at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:24:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 16:59, Jeff Schwaber wrote:
> >   I did have an interesting Web experience a couple of days ago. I wanted
> > to read an investigative report written by Tom Knudson and published in
> > the Sacramento Bee. The company had set this up with "Macromedia Flash"
> > which is not available for linux. So, I could not read the article in
> > either mozilla or opera. However, lynx worked just fine. No, I couldn't
> > view the pictures or listen to the sounds (I don't have a sound card or
> > speakers in any case), but I got the information. There's almost always a
> > way with the abundant linux tools and choices.
>
> on debian:
>
> apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> dunno on redhat, but there's bound to be an equivalent, because flash is
> most certainly available for Linux. I watch flash stuff all the time.
> Although I do turn it off frequently because the flash banner ads are a
> royal pain.
>
> Jeff

The Flash tarball for Linux from the Macromedia web site works fine on my
Mandrake boxes too.  I've used it under 7.2 and 8.2.

Mark
Mark A. Martin, Ph.D.
Applied Mathematics -- Software Development -- Systems Administration
Currently available for employment.
See http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin/resume/ for details.