[PLUG] Getting ssh working again

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 29 21:11:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>   When I'm out of the office I want to dial into my shell
Rich> account at my ISP then ssh into my network. But, when I'm here
Rich> in the office with the notebook connected to the ethernet lan, I
Rich> want to use the internal IP addresses.

Rich>   Where are these addresses stored, and do I need to change them
Rich> manually depending on location?

In the "connecting from" machine, look in ~/.ssh/known_hosts.  You'll
see:

  connecting-to-hostname,ip ssh-rsa AAAHURKINGKEY...

Just duplicate the line and edit the ip for the duplicate (ie have one
for the external address and one for the internal address), and I
think it'll work for you.

--
Russell Senior          ``Rome is strangling my people and my country... the
seniorr at aracnet.com       whole earth.  But not forever!  I tell you, the day