[PLUG] authenicating smtp server

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Wed Apr 30 08:32:02 UTC 2003

Hello all. Hope all is going well.

I was asked to offer smtp services to some of my users. Currently I don't
allow any smtp only pop and IMAP.  Mostly because I didn't want to rely or
setup any mail sending server agent.

As I'm trying to now add this I have heard of a few options.  One is pop
first then allow from that IP smtp services for some amount of time.  I
also think there is authenicated smtp.

Can someone point me in a direction to look for a way to configure my box
to somehow authenicate users then allow them to send email via my server?

Thanks for the help.  I hope you all enjoyed the lightening storm last
night.  I did.

Josh