[PLUG] DNS Problems

Robbert van Andel robbert at vafam.com
Fri Aug 1 21:20:02 UTC 2003

Has anyone on the list using Comcast.net noticed any slow downs with
resolving domains recently? The last couple of days sites that I don't
go to on a regular basis seem to take an extraordinary amount of time to
resolve.  Is there anything I can do to speed up the resolution?  Right
now I run RedHat 8.  The Network Configuration gui shows nothing under
DNS, under devices I have eth0 active and the properties of that shows a
checked checkbox next to Automatically obtain DNS information from
provider.

Any help would be appreciated.
Robbert van Andel

--