[PLUG] Slightly OT: PCC software engineering program

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Mon Aug 4 05:36:02 UTC 2003

I went through PCC's CSET program.  It was actually pretty good.  Taught
me as much about software as a four-year CS degree would--though as you
know, most employers are asking for 4-year grads.  Taylor Hanna was
heading it at the time, and while he could be a jerk sometimes
personally (IMO), he was smart and articulate.

The program served me well at the time.  I got on at a downtown shop
before I had even graduated, and it only got better from there, until
the bubble burst.  Now I've been fishing for work for half a year with
scarcely a nibble.

Well, lamentations aside, I thought PCC's program pretty strong, and
worth a complete CS degree in preparing me for software engineering
work.  But I don't know if either will serve you right now.

--Jason Van Cleve