[PLUG] Postfix problem?

Rob Hudson rob at euglug.net
Mon Aug 4 10:29:01 UTC 2003

The other day my wife got an email from 'admin at vdomain1.com', one of my
domains.  (I'm hiding the identity of the true domain to avoid spam
harvesters.)  I didn't send it, and in the header there was no prior
servers listed so it appeared as if it was a direct connect to my
server.  Checking the logs I found this...

Aug  2 07:47:16 saaz postfix/smtpd[98033]: 5DB3C1A39B: client=unknown[200.60.186.102]
Aug  2 07:47:47 saaz postfix/cleanup[98034]: 5DB3C1A39B: message-id=<20030802144716.5DB3C1A39B at saaz.domain.org>
Aug  2 07:48:39 saaz postfix/qmgr[88778]: 5DB3C1A39B: from=<admin at vdomain1.com>, size=25610, nrcpt=2 (queue active)
Aug  2 07:48:39 saaz postfix/local[98050]: 5DB3C1A39B: to=<nathalie at saaz.domain.org>, relay=local, delay=83, status=sent ("|/usr/local/bin/procmail")

domain.org is my main domain.
vdomain1.com is a virtual.

The 'mynetworks' setting in the main.cf file lists the IPs for my
domains and my IP for my cable modem connection only.

I'm not sure how this message was sent, or if I should be worried.  Can
this person only send these types of messages to my local users (in this
case, just me and my wife)?

Thanks,
Rob