[PLUG] cisco 678 DSL latency issues

Rogan Creswick creswick at cs.orst.edu
Tue Aug 5 13:20:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 01:19:51PM -0700, Derek Loree wrote:
> How does Qwest fit into this?  I thought your ISP was Unicom, that is
> where your gateway should be.  Qwest should only be providing the low
> level transport to your ISP.

I'm sorry, it probably is Unicom's gateway.

> Which makes me think that something is not configured correctly on your
> linux boxes, but I can't imagine what it would be.

I agree, the theory of the moment is that it is an auto-negotiation
problem between the cisco and the linux box(es).  I'm trying to figure
out how to set this firmly on the linux side, but I'm having some
issues. First off, I've not really dealt with this before, and I
haven't been able to find much info about modes for use with ifconfig
or in /etc/network/interfaces (all are debian boxes).  I've seen some
mutterings that these things are adapter-dependant?

If anyone can help me out here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks again,
Rogan