Header munging options (was Re: [PLUG] ET (Extremely Tentative): Job possibility)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 5 15:51:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

>>>>> "Shahms" == Shahms King <shahms at shahms.com> writes:

Shahms> [...] In all seriousness, I'd think mailman would be smart
Shahms> enough (or configurable enough) to not set the Reply-To header
Shahms> on mails to the list with that header already set (i.e. mails
Shahms> that people went out of their way to ensure were not
Shahms> replied-to on list).  Perhaps enough people with MUA's that
Shahms> don't have a "Reply To List" option also set Reply-To on all
Shahms> of their outgoing mails?

Russell> Yeah.  I was thinking the same thing.  The responsible thing
Russell> to do here (he says to no one in particular) is supply a
Russell> patch.

After a quick look at the newest mailman (2.1.2) it appears as though
munging options have been expanded somewhat from version 2.0.11 that
we are currently using.  Remains to be seen whether the changes are
actually what we were looking for though.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have