[PLUG] Slightly OT: PCC software engineering program

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Aug 6 12:46:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Daggett, Steve wrote:
>   I just did a project with those guys!  The whole organization seemed
> to be pathologically opposed to sitting down and planning out the code
> *before* they started writing.  Their "design methodology" was "the
> programmer sits down and start writing C".

I had a good friend and great coworker who used to say, "Programming is
the art of debugging the empty file."

For the most part, he would just sit down and write.  And he turned out
really good work.  On some projects (particularly those that involved
other people or were exceptionally novel), he would do some design work,
but mostly he was a "sit down and start writing C" kind of guy.

It takes all kinds.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin