[PLUG] Slightly OT: PCC software engineering program

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Wed Aug 6 16:34:01 UTC 2003

On 06 Aug 2003 12:05:21 -0700
Brian Beattie <beattie at beattie-home.net> wrote:

> that the notion that programming is closely related to math has done
> more to slow the advance of software engineering than any thing else.

Indeed, as anyone with programming experience knows, the majority of
software applications require very little serious math.  They consist of
loop counters, bitwise operations, and other such simplicities.  I used
to write financial calculators, which involved some basic algebra, but
even so, the user interface took far more effort than the math.

--Jason V. C.