[PLUG] /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_04

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Fri Aug 8 06:23:01 UTC 2003

You can add the path wherever your other custom path elements are added
("pathmunge"?).  I do it at the top of /etc/profile.  But as many people
do, I have a symlink to my Java installation, /usr/local/java, so I add
/usr/local/java/bin to the path.  This way I can swap java versions
easily.

And if you're going to set JDK_HOME, you should also set JAVA_HOME,
since that is probably used oftener.  But Sun recommends you set these
in separate scripts rather than in the profile, in case you need to use
different Java versions for different app's.

--Jason V. C.