[PLUG] Where is glib version record kept?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 8 16:16:02 UTC 2003

  Trying to configure a source tarball I get this:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.2.1, but GLIB (2.0.6)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files

  I've run into this before, where the new version doesn't update all
records and so the older version still shows up. Someone here pointed out
where on my system I'd find the old version listed, but I did not save that
message even though I thought that I did.

  Where do I find the reference to glib-2.0.6 so I can remove it? And -- I
promise! -- this time I'll save the information.

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)