[PLUG] Ghostscript problems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 10 16:34:02 UTC 2003

  Yesterday -- perhaps Friday -- I upgraded ghostscript-6.52 to
ghostscript-7.07. Now I can no longer run ps2pdf because libgimpprint.so.1
is gone and CUPS reports problems. I'm not sure what to check or where to go
to fix the problem.

  I grabbed the gs-7.07 tarball, ran ./configure then make. Then I used
checkinstall to build the rpm and it automatically installed the completed
package.

  Should I grab the 6.52 package, uninstall 7.07, install 6.52, then freshen
with the 7.07 package?

  This is the first time I've had any problems with these tools.

Many thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)