[PLUG] XP Home will not see running samba

Cliff Wells logiplex at qwest.net
Mon Aug 11 15:36:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 22:49, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> I resolved this by moving to XP Pro, no problems, although there wasn't
> supposed to be an issue with XP home edition.

I missed the original post, but I had the same problem at work where my
boss' laptop where WinXP Home Edition wouldn't see the Samba shares on
our Redhat 7.2 server.  I gave up on it but noticed a few weeks ago that
it was mysteriously working.  I can only guess that some Samba upgrade
along the way fixed the problem.

Our current version of Samba is 2.2.7.

Regards,

--