[PLUG] Getting ps2pdf working again

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 11 16:02:01 UTC 2003

  I guess that posting on a Sunday means that no one sees the message, so
I'll try again.

  I upgraded ghostscript from -6.52 to 7.07 (using the GNU versions). When I
did so, ps2pdf stopped working because it could not find libgimpprint.so.1.
Searching around google, I found that libgimpprint is part of the gimp-print
package (reasonable enough, eh?). Haven't needed it before but apparently do
need it now.

  So, I download the gimp-print tarball and try to configure it. That fails
because:

configure: error: Cannot find ijs-config; please ensure Ghostscript 6.53 or
above is installed

  Well, 'rpm -q ghostscript' returns 7.07. So I look for ijs-config and see:

[root at salmo /usr/local/gimp-print-4.3.19]# locate ijs-config
/opt/ghostscript-7.07/ijs/ijs-config.in

So this should all have been built when I built ghostscript.

  I'm stuck. I really need a working ps2pdf (and the other translators), but
I seem to have hit a dead end. I'd greatly appreciate some help on how to
get on the right track and finish the gimp-print installation so I can get
back to work.

Many thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President