[PLUG] Getting ps2pdf working again

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 11 16:46:08 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> In Red Hat 8.0 and 9, which ship with ghostscript 7.05, ijs-config is
> installed via the ghostscript-devel package. I don't know where you
> got your updated ghostscript package, but my hunch is that you'll need
> to go back there and grab the related development rpm.

Paul,

  At www.ghostscript.org there is no separate ghostscript-devel tarball! I
seen on rpmfind.net that it's part of RH 8.0. Too many connections now so
I'll keep trying to grab the src.rpm.

  But, I'm very confused. What do folks _not_ running Red Hat do to get
working copies of ps2pdf and associated tools if they upgrade their base
ghostscript via the source tarball?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President