[PLUG] Linux Certification

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Thu Aug 14 08:40:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 00:48, Faith Bankole wrote:
> I need information on the practice exam for Linux certification. I just
> completed two series of class on Linux from PCC. I will like to have site to
> practice entry level Linux administration exams.
>
> Faith

Type Sair in google search or go to Ed's site for more info.

What PCC courses did you take?  I took cis240L and cis279N.

What would be really cool is a class on how to get certified.

I have a book on this, but it's too old.  I've been offered a

job at Sprint in Virginia.  Quite a move, the pay and education

benefit are hard to ignore though.  I wish I could do something

here but there don't seem to be any opportunities for someone

interested in computer networking and Linux, especially if you

only have a two year degree and mostly only your own experience

trying to learn informally on limited resources.

At Redhat's site they have information about their certifications,

I think it's probably best to take Redhat's courses if you can

afford it and if they don't teach you enough go ahead then and look

for other free/paid certification materials and programs.  Part of

certification is educational, but part of it is getting something that

says your qualified.  The best bet probably is to have a company pay for
it even if it means giving them some time after.  Your probably getting

certified to earn money anyways.

     --  Michael C. Robinson