[PLUG] ATI Radeon graphic card quirks in eng. applications

Alex Daniloff alex at daniloff.com
Thu Aug 14 13:52:01 UTC 2003

Hello Linux folkz,
We've got some hair pulling problem with
ATI Radeon 7000 64MB SDRAM AGP card in our Linux engineering
workstation.
This new card has replaced failed ATI Rage 3D Pro 32MB AGP card.
Now, when we export display from the remote UNIX server
and try to run circuit layout applications, not all circuit lines
and lay out structures are visible on the screen.
Some of them are visible but some look like blank rectangular spots.
We verified the fact that other Linux workstations, using older
ATI Rage 3D Pro AGP cards, don't have this problem.
To me it looks like refreshing rate of this new card is too high to
retain all the layout details on the screen, but I'm not sure.
Could somebody please give me a hand or advise what should be checked
or corrected in this situation.

Many thanks in advance.

Alex