[PLUG] A Simple Question

Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Sat Aug 16 23:21:02 UTC 2003

Robbert,

To be really savvy and avoid the 'nohup.out' file, do this:

  % evolution & 1>/dev/null

This will surely impress your friends and gain their utmost respect.
Okay, so I've been working late... :-)

-Cooper

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 22:24, Robbert van Andel wrote:
> This is a simple question, but I don't know how to pose it to Google to
> return the answer I'm looking for.  When I start a program from a
> terminal window, is there a way to for the program (like Evolution or
> Gaim) to continue to run normaly but return the prompt at th terminal
> window so i can execute other commands?  My main reason for asking is,
> sometimes I log into my computer via ssh and wish to run various
> applications at the same time remotely but need to log in using seperate
> clients to achieve this goal.
>
> Thanks for any help
| Cooper Stevenson        | Em: cooper at cooper.stevenson.name |
| Open Source Consultant  | Ph: 541.924.9434                 |