[PLUG] Re: [lug] Apply for Digital Media Grants by Oct. 3! (fwd)

Ken Barber pundit at teleport.com
Mon Aug 18 04:40:08 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 11:34, David Mandel wrote:

> [...]

[snip]

> We'll be awarding up to $75,000 by year's end to proposals for
> advanced research, solutions to implementation gaps and
> creative projects.

These guys were spreading some serious money around at Linuxworld
this week.  Not only were there dozens of Helix employees in
attendace, but all conference attendees were invited to a party
at the bar next door to the convention center, and on the way in
each of us was given a voucher goof for two drinks.

It looked to me that they were pretty serious about getting thier
project off of the ground.

Ken
--
"Independent self-reliant people would be a counterproductive
anachronism in the collective society of the future where people