[PLUG] Linux Training

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Mon Aug 18 10:22:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 09:38, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Curious if these look good on a resume

Well, I think they look good. :-)
Generally, yes. But it depends on the hiring company.
Of course, it may not appeal to companies looking for
Microsoft expertise. For that, you'll need to know
how to fdisk and reinstall. :-)

> or can aid in getting a certification.

These courses are not designed to train you to
pass certification tests. The DNS courses, in
particular, cover far more material than you'll
need for a certification. The Linux Networking
course is a better fit. It covers all the topics
that I've seen on certification tests, but goes
beyond that as well.

Note that we do offer a Linux Certification course
that focuses on those topics that are covered by
Linux certification tests. However, we just ran
this course recently and don't expect to do it again
soon - unless you have several friends that also want
to attend.

Note that these courses are not Red Hat-centric. They
try to be distribution-neutral.

Ed