[PLUG] Read Only Fix?

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Tue Aug 19 12:42:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 12:00, guy1656 wrote:
> Everything was going swimmingly, until ...
>
> when I type mount /mnt/floppy the system mounts as read-only.

If you mount the device explicitly, then you should have read-write
access:

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

of course, it must not be mounted before running this command.

As Rich mentioned, the /etc/fstab file is the place to look to get the
originial command to mount as read-write, unless this is being run
through automount, then you need to look at the automount definitions.

HTH,

Derek Loree