[PLUG] Need help setting up home network, willing to pay

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 15:25:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 15:08, Brian Beattie wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 15:02, Cory Bertsch wrote:
> > If you need to setup a dedicated server you should consider running
> > e-smith (http://www.e-smith.org). I started using it after my boss had
> > people in Bali (who spoke very little English) install it so he could
> > access some computers there.
>
> I went to that web page, and I could not for the life of me figure out
> what it was.

I can't figure it out either. It seems like it's a server for the
communication with other computers, but that covers, you know, the
internet, computers, etc. It seems very general.

And it modifies /etc/inittab so it respawns on the first and second
virtual terminals instead of getty, which just terrifies me. =)

Jeff